Coming home doesn't mean the battle is over. With over 10 times the amount of veterans lost to suicide than to combat operations in the same time period, there has never been a more important time to TAKE A STAND and DO something to support our veterans!! If you or someone you know is suffering from PTSD, we have people that have shared a similar experience and are ready to help.
Our Post and the canteen has now been opened for several months. As the Commander, I would like to thank everyone for your continued attendance at the breakfasts, dinners, and karaoke. None of these events could have been held without your attendance and the many volunteers from the Post and Auxiliary.
- Monthly event calendars will once again be placed on our web page as well as hard copies available at the canteen. The Ways and Means Committee will again meet to finalize the monthly calendars. Real-time updates will also be made to the calendars as they occur.
- The Post Auxiliary is finalizing a Facebook page, and the Post will either add information to their Facebook page or create our own. We ask that any other Auxiliary or Post Facebook Page be ignored. Our Post is responsible for any information placed on our authorized website or the authorized Post Auxiliary Site.
- We realize we cannot control individuals putting up their own unauthorized Post/Auxiliary Facebook Site. We can and should reject these sites as unauthorized. Please only use the Auxiliary Site or the Post webpage.
- The Post welcomed a new Veterans Organization to our fold. Their name is "Get Back Inc". The Commander initially met with the organization, then brought a recommendation for approval to the House Committee. The House Committee recommended approval to the Post Membership. This was brought before the General Membership and approval was granted on October 5, 2021. More information about Get Back Inc. will be provided at a later date. They will be meeting during Post daytime hours two or three times a month.
- Peter Metz, William J. Cambron (our Post Junior Vice Commander), Rodolfo Rodrigues, and Ralph Jones have passed away. The Post Charter was draped on November 9th and will be draped for the next 30 days.
- Our Post is honored to host the next District 17 meeting on November 20th. We need some assistance to pull this off. Please contact Dave Hughes at 916-803-3567 or at email@example.com.
...we want to welcome today's military service members into our ranks to become part of our elite group.
WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, Persian Gulf War, Kosovo, War in Afghanistan, War in Iraq, War on Global Terror and other Peace-Keeping Expeditionary Campaigns throughout the globe.